Computer keeps restarting,

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been having problems with my computer, it keeps restarting every so often, a couple of times a week, and today its happen twice, it seems to happen when i am playing a game, or do alot, no blue screen would come up, it would just restart, i have checked direct x everything seems to be running fine, i think it all started when i installed a new video card, the vidoe card is ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro i have installed the right drivers,

i checked my even veiwer and this was the Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 805461f0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

so does anyone know what i have to do?

You could try different drivers on that. Also, how much ram are you running? It seems like something in your machine is getting overloaded and needing to reboot because it's in need of relief.

What brand and model is your hard drive, and how old is it? This is a common problem of a failing hard drive.

pdyckman@comcas said:
You could try different drivers on that. Also, how much ram are you running? It seems like something in your machine is getting overloaded and needing to reboot because it's in need of relief.

i agree with this statement. The bug check 0x0000009C is the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bug check which indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred. I would attribute this to the new hardware you installed the Graphics Card.

If would be better if i knew which CPU and which motherboard u have as there may be some compatibility issues. would recommend tyring a different graphics card e.g. an old one from an upgrade and see what happens.

james

i'm not sure about the bug check, but i used to have a similar problem caused by my power supply not giving consistant power.

this can be an issue with your graphics card. What is the Wattage of ur PSU? I shall assume it is over 400w if not then i would change it lol.

Does your motherboard have an onboard VGA slot? If it does unplug the graphics card and boot up with the monitor plugged into the motherboard's VGA. if it does then you know their is an issue with the card of the cards drivers.

James

i think the errors you are getting is what raybay is talking about and it also cud the gpu drivers. also do u get this error at desktop or when gaming?

he said when gaming, which makes me wonder if either his power supply or his gpu can't handle high wattage work.

1.80 gigahertz amd athlon 64 this is my processor. 137.43 gigabytes usable hard drive capacity
82.00 gigabytes hard drive free space board: gigabyte technology co., ltd. Ga-k8n51gmf-9
bus clock: 200 megahertz hope this helps,..

need to know the wattage of your power supply and details of your ram (get "cpuz" or some other info gathering program to get the latter, open up the case and check the power supply for the former)

9 times out of 10 it's an under rated PSU. You need a good brand name (Antec, Enermax, Silvertone) 500Watt minimum with at least 30A on the 12V rail.

You can see your PSU rating by looking at it's label (take the case side off). See PSU label example in my sig below.

yah i think the psu seems to be the issue here guys i think if u got an spare psu try that out if nt try and get one i think then u will have resolved ur issue xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back