Computer lagging/jerky in browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if I did everything right...I've been working on it for like two days downloading all this stuff. Umm...do I really need to keep all these programs, if not let me know. I wasnt quite sure how to rename the hjt...I tried right clicking to rename, but there was no rename option???

Basically I just "follow these instructions before posting an hjt log" but im not sure if thats really the problem, it may be a browser option that I accidently hit that made it not refresh as fast??? Not sure

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    2 KB · Views: 6
Its like when i scroll down in a browser it kinda jerks down the page and then if i dont stop it just continues down...if that makes sense. And when i grab a browser to move it across my monitor it skips across(jerks around), its wierd. When i first built the computer everything was smooth and then a couple months ago it started doing this.

Oh yeah heres the avg scan... i forgot

I understand. Its sound like you might have a bug in your system.
Is this the only issue that you are aware of?

slider2490 said:
Its like when i scroll down in a browser it kinda jerks down the page and then if i dont stop it just continues down...if that makes sense. And when i grab a browser to move it across my monitor it skips across(jerks around), its wierd. When i first built the computer everything was smooth and then a couple months ago it started doing this.

Oh yeah heres the avg scan... i forgot

Do your antivirus, switch to Firefox at www.firefox.com

I agree with smore9648, your HJT and AVG Antispyware logs are clean.

If an antivirus scan comes up clean as well, then your problem must be elsewhere.

As suggested, try Firefox and see if you still have the same problem.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of slider2490 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Using firefox currently and Virus clean

Yeah...

FireFox...active
Virus Scan...clean

I think it maybe a browser option...i dont know im running at like
1.8 ghz w/ 512 ram everything is running smoothly except for the
jerkyness and lag.

This may have nothing to do with your problem, but it`s worth a try.

Try reinstalling your graphics card drivers.

I Love You Howard

Uhh...Uhh...I know I shouldn't feel this way but...
I love Howard...you are the smartest man alive!
If I knew where you lived I would come over right
now and give you a hug. PROBLEM SOLVED..it was
my drivers for my graphics card. I'm sorry its just this
stupid problem has plagued me and has been an annoyance
for soo long. You're the best!!!

Best Regards, Jordan

That`s great news and thanks for letting us know.

This thread is for the use of slider2490 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back