Computer Load failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hey Guys

My sister wants me to repair her PC and im having problems. For some reason on start up the PC is running throught all of the normal startup procedures. But it gets to the blue screen were it say windows is loading and then the PC restarts. I have no idea what to do but i have been told it is a missing windows file or such like. How do i repair it if it is this and if not what is it. I dont have her PC yet so minimal questions would be ace but if needs be il try and contact her but im sure you all know what uni studets are like!!

Thanks Guys

Please post brand and model. Usually this condition is caused by defective hard drive or bad video graphics drivers... sometimes a bad memory module, and sometimes a bad cpu fan.

and a bad psu.... hard to say... diagnose one by one starting with the PSU, then RAM.

right ok its a pacard bell but i dont know the model but it doesnt seem to be produced anymore. But i had the same one and the ram failed so it it possibly going to be the same sort of thing. Im also a novice at the technical aside so how do you go about looking at the PSU fan etc :D you guys are a great help btw

Since this system has to be fairly old (+4 years or so) any of these suggestions could be relevant. I would start troubleshooting by cleaning out the dust and debris from the inside of the case. Next, I would remove the CPU heatsink and fan assembly and clean off the old thermal compound and apply fresh compound. It sounds like the hard drive is corrupt. The operating system may need to be reloaded

the PSU must be tested with a PSU tester tool and/or a multimeter.

Ram can be tested with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back