Computer Locks up but not in the normal way

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguis

Ok, so here are my specs, first of all.
Windows XP Pro
768mb PC133 Ram
40GB maxtor 5400rmp HD + 80GB WD 7200RPM HD (Master/Slave)
1.2GHz AMD Athlon
128MB nVidia FX 5600 Ultra

And my problem is this:
Recently my computer has been freezing. Not your typical "my computer is froze, can't move the mouse, etc."
This is more like, I can't open up ANY new processes. Not Task Manager, not shut down or restart, not anything that isn't already open. Only thing I found I could start up was the command prompt. I have done ZA Virus Scans, Ad-Aware scans, and come up with nothing.
Also, when I come downstairs in the morning, my internet will be disconnected and my network connections program froze. In this instance it is also true that nothing will open, can't restart/shutdown, etc. I'm going to try a couple various virus scans..Any help is appreciated! Here is the logfile from HJT. (note, logfile was taken during when my computer was not "froze")

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted your other thread as per your request.

Your system is infected with at least one worm and some other nasties as well.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of anguis only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok I think I did all that I read in those threads..long list of things haha. Anything I am missing let me know and I will change it after work.
Here is my latest HJT log. I did all those a/v scans, did all the other tools and scans in safe mode, did HJT in safe mode before and after. Did the fixes as mentioned in the thread for HJT on this forum. Attached ewido and HJT logs (ewido in 2 seperate files cause it was over 100kb..pretty bad LOL)

Well done, your HJT log is clean.

You are running a completely unpatched version of Windows, this is a huge security risk. Run Windows updates and install at least service pack 1 and preferably service pack 2.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of anguis only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back