Computer Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb3

Over the past month i've replaced everything in my computer. (mobo, memory, psu , videocard , ect....) I recieved a bad stick of ram that gave me the C1 error with beeps so i replaced that now It does not give me that error anymore. Now my computer starts up all the lights are on , and fans are moving. On the monitor I can get into bios , and it'll let me start the computer , but will only get to the boot up screen then it loses connection with my monitor. So I'm assuming it has something to do with the video card. All the menus are black with vertical white lines , and looks weird. Could it maybe be because I need the drivers updated? The only problem with that is I can't get on my computer to update the drivers.

Any help would be much appreciated
thanks, Tyler

Press F8 before you would see the Windows logo and boot into Safe Mode if you can. Let us know how it goes

I got into safe mode with command prompt , and got into the device manager that way. Went to update drivers for the video card , but it says I have the newest one for that hardware. Any other suggestions?

Well we will most likely replace the video card. After messing around we found out why the screen is messed up. The card is set on (4bit color) , and it won't change for some reason. Any suggestions on that?

"Any suggestions on that?"...

YES, video driver is screwed up or the card is toast

Please try another video card... pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back