Computer not booting properly! Monitor stays on stand-by!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norak

Today, I woke up to my dad asking for help with booting up my computer. I thought it was just a small problem, like the power wasn't on, but it turned out to be something that I don't even know what it is or how to fix it!

When I boot up my computer, the monitor stays on standby, and the keyboard isn't on either. The only things that turn on are the mouse and the actual computer. I checked the cables, and everything was fine. I tested the monitor that I was using with my other computer and it worked.

I turned the power off, and had a look in my case. Everything was right, nothing looked out of the ordinary. I tried booting it up again, and that's when I noticed the hex of the motherboard. It was stuck at 26, when it usually goes to FF. I quickly got out my trusty manual, and it said that 26 was reserve.

I am stuck. I am using a Jetway AGP 939-pin motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, Radeon 9550 (which is AGP), 512 mb RAM, a 350 w power supply, a 120 gb hdd, a DVD-RW burner and an A:/. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back