computer not detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes132

I uninstalled all my nvidia drivers and then tried to install the new up to date ones but after i uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers i cant install any drivers at all. I went to device manager and it is not detecting my video card at all but i look inside case and looks to my like its running. Is there any way for me to make it so my computer will detect my video card? ( i have a nvidia fx 5700 LE w/ gigabyte k8-triton series nforce 3 MOBO)

The only things I can suggest is. Uninstall anything to do with your Nvidia graphics drivers from add remove programmes in your control panel.

Download the driver cleaner programme from HERE. Follow the instructions.

Then reinstall your drivers. Hopefully that will solve your problem. If it doesn`t I have no other ideas, I`m afraid.

Regards Howard :)

open your cabinet, remove the card, reinsert the same firmly and retry. in most cases it should work ( loose connection. )

nb

You might have uninstalled your motherboard chipset drivers along with your graphics card driver. They are both from nVidia.

The Thinker

Go to contol panel then add new hardware devices, autodetect the os for new hardware installed. If the computer can't detect it, i would go to reformat the hardrive, backup all files, then reinstall OS, then install the video card,with the new drivers. It would solve your day.. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back