Computer not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I was just using my computer when it just switched itself off randomly. Now everytime i try to turn on the PC it just turns off and turns back on again.

The steps are:

1. Turn computer on.
2. Light on the Computer comes on.
3. Switches off.
4. Switches back on.
5. Switches off again....

It keeps repeating that until i turn the computer off at the mains.

I'm not really sure what the problem is and thought you guys might be able to help me :) :( .

It stays on for no time at all. I turn it on and it goes straight off then back on again.

It also doesn't look like it's starting to boot because the button on the front goes blue when it's turned on but it's been staying red.

Its hardware rather than software thats causing your problem then!!!

What pc do you have? How old is it? What psu (power supply unit) has it got?

Alright try this:

1 Make sure that the heatsink in mounted properly.
2 If it's OCd (overclocked) turn the OCing off.
3 Make sure no wires are in contact with the fans.
4 Temperature shouldn't really be a problem at startup, or check the voltages in your motherboard use manuals and make sure they are default.

Try that,
-Boost-

Hmmm, Packard Bell, not known for being any good!!!

They usually have a pathetic little psu that gives up at the slightest ripple in the mains current!!!

There will be a number or name on the pc somewhere to show what model it is, it may even be on the back!!

The psu will have a sticker on it that can be seen when the side panel is removed!!

The picture you linked to is of a standard atx psu!!

-Boost- said:
Alright try this:

1 Make sure that the heatsink in mounted properly.
2 If it's OCd (overclocked) turn the OCing off.
3 Make sure no wires are in contact with the fans.
4 Temperature shouldn't really be a problem at startup, or check the voltages in your motherboard use manuals and make sure they are default.

Try that,
-Boost-

I would try to do this but i'm not sure what the heatsink and OC'd's are. I'm also not sure how to check the temperature of the computer :(.

I would try this but i'm not sure what the heatsink and OCd's are and i'm not sure how to check the temperature of the computer.

Hmmm, Packard Bell, not known for being any good!!!

They usually have a pathetic little psu that gives up at the slightest ripple in the mains current!!!

There will be a number or name on the pc somewhere to show what model it is, it may even be on the back!!

The psu will have a sticker on it that can be seen when the side panel is removed!!

The picture you linked to is of a standard atx psu!!

The model type number was on the back of the PC, it was:

Model/type - UTOW-C02

There was a sticker on the Motherboard so i'm assuming this is the number you mean:

000FEA1D40C

I cant seem to find any info on your pc, the packard bell website was absolutely useless too!!!!!

I went on there website and entered my S/N and they gave me this back:

IMEDIA 1501

S/N : 039396720055

Not sure if thats any help or not.

You could try another psu in it, but because i cant find any info, I'm not sure if a standard psu would work with it, let alone fit in it!!!!!

Well i was going to try another PCU in there, i opened it up and realised how manyl different wires there were connecting it to the PC. I didnt't want to start unplugging things in case i forgot where all the different wires went.

Sometimes I have seen where the battery that keeps the Bios ticking over dies or just is very low. Check the battery. If it is not putting out 3 volts then change it. You may have to reset the bios by using the jumper that is made for this our just leave the battery out about 30 min. There is a small capacitor that keeps thing going when the battery is being replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back