Computer Posts Sporadically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey...okay so heres whats wrong....my computer stopped posting the past two days...after I reset the bios is started posting again for awhile then stopped...only way I was able to get it to post after that was to reset the bios with the video card I bought a week ago in....then turn the comp on...turn it off...switch to old vid card...and then turn it back on. it started posting then....okay...so...if I did that it would post eveyr time i turned it on...but if I switched back to new vid card immediatly it stopped posting...and if I switched back to old one without resetting bios it wouldnt post on there either. Okay...so this morning I was using hte old video card and it was posting fine...and hten it all of a sudden just stops posting and wont post anymore at all even on that card....right now im waiting for it to do the thing I said before...with resetting with new vid card and switching out cards...anyone have any ideas as what this could be caused by?

Sounds like there is a cable that isn't properly connected, but when you change the videocard it gets pushed into place...

So make sure all cables are properly connected and that the other (if any) pci cards also are properly connected...

You might also want to look into changing the battery...

Okay....well...ive finally figures out it was just stupid me trying stuff eveyr time before i restarted it...finally ive gotten it to work just by restarting it numerous times until it does post. But I need to know why it does that so I can fix it if anyone has any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back