Computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright I'm new here and don't know if this is the right place for this question.

I live away from home and my parents are computer challenged. Recently they bought a new printer. My little brother installed the printer and got it to work the first night. After that the printer stopped working. my mom decided to uninstall the old printer and reinstall the new printer. It didn't help so my mom decided to restart the computer but when the computer shut down a program was still running. the computer started up but the monitor remained on standby. My mom tried to restart it again. The computer powered up all the fans are running yet the monitor is still on standby.

My parents computer uses the on-board graphics so there is no videocard to swap.

I'm going back home next week and would like to fix it for them. If anyone could give me any ideas on how to fix it I would appreciate it.

You can pick up the basic video card in PCI to test it out.

It is more likely that your mother changed something in bios. Can you try to reset the bios to vertify that?

thanks for the reply but i told my parents to disconnect all the cables and reconnect them and reboot, it seems to have worked but thank you for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back