Computer problems Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykid99

My printer has a poblem. I have a new black ink cartridge. Its a #50 lexmark Z715 black ink. i removed the protective tape off of it. I put it in the printer. The problem is when I printer something out no ink came out. The ink didnt drop on the paper. It didn't even leave the ink cratridge. How do get the ink to drop on to the paper? Is there a way I can unclog the nozzle or clean it so the ink will come out on to the paper?

Ever think that your printer could have become defective?
Your other post did not bring any results and you got extensive advise there (don't know if you followed up any)!
You could try another cartridge, but then you could not return that for a refund/downpayment for a better printer.

some of the newer systems use cartridge's that have a vacum if you mess with the cartridge head you can damage this.
if it is new I would replace if the next one does the same thing
could be the contacts to the head

is there any way I can clean the head of the nozzle or uncog the head off the cartridge sothe ink comes out smoothly?

You can try but I dont know if it will work, here at work we had a printer that had the same problem. We took it apart and soaked the head in paint thinner for two days. It worked, but paint jobs didnt look as good as they did before.

wut is paint thinner? I put in a new cartiridge with full black ink, removed all the protective tape onit. Ink came out but this time the ink that came out resembled the ink that would come ut of an ink cartridge that is almost out of ink. The ink was smudged up and it was like the ink barely came out. What should i use for cleaning the head ofthe ink cartridge out?

hello, can someone please answer my last message? I have one more problem. I can't get my virus protection to turn on. Is it safe to have 5 anitvirus programs installed on your computer? I have Norton Antivirus 2004, AVG Antivirus 7.0 Free Home Edition, Avast! Antivirus, AntiVir Personal, and BitDefender AntiVirus. It says I need to update one of my antivirus prgrams but all 5 othem are updates. What should I do?

i can't imagine why you'd have all of those av programs...but in any case..i'm assuming that the xp sp2 security center is telling you that your av isn't up to date...i would tell you to turn that notification off...

5 anti-virus programs??!

hehe, that's just brightened up an otherwise dreary and dull sunday morning at work :giddy:

i've got a mental picture of all these anti-virus programs duking it out over who gets to deal with a malicious file, while the file slips by unnoticed in the ensuing riot.... :)

you really only should have 1 anti-virus program installed, and kept up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back