Computer problems, PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice.

So basically yesterday I was browsing a band forum when I was bombarded with malaware and spyware. I got something called Spyware Sheriff installed on my computer as well as something called TagASauras. As anyone would do, I ran Adaware and other programs trying to get rid of it. But none of them help, and everytime I went on a program, it would close, I couldn't even log onto my Internet Explorer without it closing. Long story short, I kept restarting and restarting trying to fix my computer, after awhile it just froze on start up..I don't know what happened, I probably kicked or moved the pc a little hard. So I restarted but nothing would show up on my monitor...it seems that nothing is loading but the pc is on...Another wierd thing is that my cd drive which was dead for month started working again as a result..probably just a coincidence or whatever but I don't know what to do. Any help would be very very very very much appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried a 'Previously good boot ' with System Restore. choose a restore point before the incident obviously. You still will have to dig out the Malware files but they should be relatively benign after the restore.

I have tried a system restore, but I can't access any of my spyware removal programs because they close since there is an "error in my computer". But the spyware and malaware are the least of my problems, I can't even see my screen anymore and it seems that nothing loads up when I turn on my computer, it's just a blank screen.

Liquidlen said:
Welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried a 'Previously good boot ' with System Restore. choose a restore point before the incident obviously. You still will have to dig out the Malware files but they should be relatively benign after the restore.
that won't work if he has a trojan that corrupts system restore. Hopefully he has a backup on a second hard disk.

Dross ; ted... is right , but I always try to fix the easiest way first .... "if" is the biggest little word in the world. So now you will have to escalate.
With the componded problems you have I would format and reload everything cleanly.
Hopefully you have a data backup as Ted... mentioned . Better yet ...you have a full system backup to make you job quicker.
And if you were really prepared you would have a backup image of your
drive(s) so you could be up and running with-in a few minutes.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back