Computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm sorry If this isn't the right place for this but....
I'm building my first computer and i've got everything hooked up, and it shows absolutly no life. I plug it in and press the power button, and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thnx
-Austin

Ok, do you have the power cord plugged in? It's an easy mistake to make. Also, do you have the psu's power switch turned to on (-)?

Also check to be sure you have the motherboard power connectors connected properly, the main power (20 or 24pins), and the 4pin power connector.

F68 we need to have some more info here in order to help. We need the specs of the system you put together for one and any little thing you may have noticed, beeps, fan spinning etc.

In addition to what vnF4Ultra suggested/asked did you use standoffs whne mounting the mobo in the case? Is there an LED on the mobo and if so is it lighted when you plug in and turn on the PSU power?

ok im running a MSI K8 Neo2 with athlon 64 3000 processor, 512 mb pc 3200 ddr dimm ram, western digital 80 gb sata hard dirve, and ati radeon RX 9250 graphics card. when i plug it in and press the power absolutly nothing happens, no fans no lights no nothin, yes i hav the power cord pluged in, and i hav used to different power supplys, same result. There is no swich on the one power supply, and on the pther there is a switch and it is swiched on. I did use standoffs, it is 20 pin and yes i hav that plugged in correctly. Just very frusterated, thanks for the help so far

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

Check to see that you have connected the front power button to the correct pins on the mobo. Your mobo manual will show you the pin outs.

If it turns out that the front power button is connected properly, then maybe it`s just a faulty power button on your case.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hey all of you guys, I thought i had put the standoffs on, but made sure and checked after merc14's post and sure enough, they werent there. i out em on and bomm she started right up thanx soo much u guys i relly appreciate your time.

That's great!. I always hate to ask that question as some folks take offense but a surprising number of people forget the standoffs. Glad it worked out and we could help.

How do I get all my computer specs

I see it all the time here, people have small novels of specs, I just wanted to know if there is software that can help to achieve this goal, Or if to get everything I would have to go and collect all this information manually. I mean I know how to get all the basics, like processor speed, amount of RAM, drive space. And I guess I just wanted to know if there where and easy way to find out everything I could ever want to know about my computer. Plus it helps when trying to use the forums to troubleshoot any problems I may have.

This seems like a stupid question, But if I don't ask I will never learn.

Everest Home edition and Belarc Advisor are two free downloadable programs that get all the infoe, including MS Software keys (Belarc) at the touch of a button. Just google them. Also CPUz will give real time info on CPU , mobo and RAM.

standoffs?

what the heck are standoffs? how did this guy fix his problem? i dont get it...please explain...
thanks,
chaz d.

chaz d. said:
what the heck are standoffs? how did this guy fix his problem? i dont get it...please explain...
thanks,
chaz d.

Standoffs are small spacers that screw into the case, in order to prevent the motherboard from touching the metal case and causing a short circuit.

The motherboard is then laid on top of the standoffs and screwed in place.

See HERE

Regards Howard :grinthumb

oh oh oh...

LOL, those little metal/rubber/whatever washer type things...i know what those are :) haha, thanks howard...

Chaz D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back