Computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer problems: Finding more stuff wrong

Hi there, I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right. I have dial up so to download ANYTHING takes a long time, thats why my computer specs are not filled in. But anyway, ever since my younger brother used my computer, everything is all messed up! Could you help me fix whatever is wrong please? Here is my HJT log...I hope I did this correctly....Thank you for in advance, if you can help!

Jennifer ;-)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Finding MORE things wrong

After my post this morning, I started noticing other things are wrong, such as after I reboot..I get and error saying EXP has caused an error in unknown. The next time it says exp has caused an error in kernel32.dll. I also am seeing things on my task monitor like CXTPLS and AUTOUPDATE and LFBconfg and LFeltc1....Plus my yahoo search bar is gone,which means I have no pop-up blocker, so that explains the pop ups I am gettting, but I tried to reinstall the toolbar and it wont show up......Something freaky going on here lol! Thanks for the help in advance, if you can help!

Jennifer

Unfortunately, you DO have a virus. Apparent in these HJT entries:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [exp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\exp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [t74P3qh] LFELTC1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "c:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering hhctrl.ocx..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s hhctrl.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering itircl.dll..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s itircl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering itss.dll..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s itss.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cwvFRkN3l] LFBCONFG.EXE
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)

You can remove those, but write down the files names because they need deleted. You can also remove any "poker" entires if you don't play. And most people around here hate Weatherbug as well, so you could remove that. Or uninstall from add/remove programs in Control Panel.

You need to do a virus scan, and to do that you have to be online. One of the favorites here is "housecall.trendmicro.com". It's a free scan. So IF you can get there and IF your PC stays alive long enough to download the control to run it, it just may clean you up.

Otherwise, clean up HJT and post another log.

Do you have Ad-aware and Spybot? If you can muster the stregth for the downloads, those are two free programs to get rid of spyware, i.e. popup problems. And many many other crapwares hanging around.

If Yahoo toolbar doesn't work, uninstall it as well from add/remove. And remove any references to it with HJT.

Download, yet again, a new and worlds better browser called Firefox from www.mozilla.org. It automatically blocks popups without needing a resource hungry, 3rd party tool. Use it instead of IE. Except for housecall, which you will need IE to use.

Lastly, if you MUST have a popup-blocking toolbar, use google toolbar instead of yahoo.

Good luck

Are they fixed?

Ok I deleted what you told me to, but I couldnt find these in there:

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering hhctrl.ocx..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s hhctrl.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering itircl.dll..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s itircl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Registering itss.dll..] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regsvr32 /s itss.

I wasnt able to complete the the scan but I will try again......
And here is my new HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Those entries went away from your first log because you had probably restarted or tuned off and on. If you notice in the entry, it is from the RunOnce key. So it will run and then go away next startup.
Nevertheless, clean out junk progs from add/remove in control panel. Do what RealBlackStuff mentioned, and try as you can to clean your system up using this other thread as a guide: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

Keep in mind that if you haven't got everything removed, and you restart the system, what is left can reload the rest. Once you get all the programs and update them, you want to go in to Safe Mode and NOT leave until it turns up clean.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back