Computer random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livingpapa

hi
i have a problem with my computer making random restarts...it happens mostly when i play games (first happened after i installed World Of Warcraft) and its been going on ever since.
i thought it was a hardware issue so i sent it to the lab, when they told me that my fan was messed up so they replaced it. but it seems as though that was not the problem because it keeps restarting even after i got it back from the lab.
could it be a virus or an infection? i dont think its dust or cooling issues because the lab cleaned the dust off.

b.t.w my specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz
Windows XP professional (english)
NVidia GeForce 6600
1024 RAM
Intel 82801G Ultra ATA (i think that's the motherboard :monkey: )

yeah i installed them yesterday, problem keeps occuring
i saw a few similiar threads and some of the people who had that problem had "rootkit infections". is it possible that i have that? and if so how do i find it and fix it? my virus scans found nothing

So you did not buy the Symantec Antivirus version. Did it come preloaded on your system? So many times Trojan viruses can turn off and completely disable Symantec Norton Antivirus, that a system gradually becomes completely useless over time

yeah it was already installed when i bought the computer, i dont have an install disc or anything.
if you are right, do u know how i can find a solution for it?

Did you have the system build for you? Where did you get it from? You use the term "lab". Are you a scientist? Are you located in the US?

lol no im not a scientist, i meant lab by computer lab, didnt mean for it to sound like that, what i meant was i took it for repairs to where i purchased the computer...
i had the system built for me, but i didnt ask for specific specs, just sort of purchased it...
listen im not located in the US, im from israel, and i purchased the system from a computer vendor...
how is any of this connected to fixing the problem?

There was just a little twist in the communication that hinted that you were not in the US. Computer's built in all parts in this World are not the same, as the repair centers are not the same...

If this random restart problem is the only thing that's happening, we have covered overheating, drivers and the fact that you probably have a European version on Norton Antivirus. Have you turned off "automatic restart" in the Control Panel, System?

Are you ashamed of where you live?

lol of course not! im proud to live in israel! haha
i'm sorry it sounded to me like you were tryingto find something illegal about my system so you wouldn't have to help me or something, i apologize...

no i did not turn off automatic restart, can you guide me on how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back