Computer reboot failure - important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

First I would like to thank you for reading and possibly helping out.

I have a really good computer, specifications listed below.

Earlier about a month ago my desktop had some spyware and viruses, but with different antispyware and forum help, I was able to restore everything. Also I used Kaspersky to keep my computer safe.

Today I was playing a computer game that requires high quality graphics and definitely cpu speed, but I have not had problems before, and thats why I bought a quality desktop.

THE PROBLEM:

My computer restarted, I got back to windows, and restarted again. It happened 2-3 times, I tried to run antivirus, ad aware etc, but none of them got completed, my system would restart after a shorter and shorter period of time.

Now I got to the point that my computer restarts right at, or right before the windows xp logo comes up and starting to load the windows.

I checked the fans in my computer, I have 4 of them, they all work, plus the CPU and the powersupply work fine. I tried to plug in the power cable somewhere else the computer did the same.

I tried rebooting safe mode, restore mode, vga mode everything, but it did not work. The computer keeps restarting. The only way I see something is when with F8 at reboot I chose the option not to auto restart when system crashes. With this I reboot, and instead of another restart I get a blue screen error message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click on ok to terminate the aplication"

I am not sure what to do, I took out my RAM put it back on the motherboard, the same thing happened.

I am not sure what to do,but my windows doesn't start so there are not many options I have.

Thanks a lot, I look forward for your help

Gabor

Computer specs

AMD Athlon 3200+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Mushkin 2x512mb 3200
Geforce 6800 GT
2x80GB HD
500W power supply

Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key at startup until it starts.
Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Startup and Recovery and un-check reboot on errors.
Next run all your protection programs AV, Spybot Adaware etc.
Right clik on the C: drive in My Computer and do a disk clean from the first menu making sure Temp. Internet Files is checked in the drop down box on top.
Next rite clik the C: drive again in My Computer and select Tools and select error checking. Get a cup of coffee or a beer and let it finish.

Do a clean boot and you should be good to go.

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back