Computer reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiarus

Ok so every now and then my Computer will reboot while im in game. The game will lock up, and the computer will reboot, quickly flashing the blue screen but not slow enough to read so i cant troubleshoot the problem. It started happening once i put a DiabloTek GeForce 6600v+ 512mb DDR2 in it. And before i had a Radeon x700 wich didnt work either. Ive tried replacing the motherboard and psu. I just wanna make sure it really is the Video card before i buy a new XFX GeForce 6800xt XTreme 512MB GDDR3.

Microsoft Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0ghz
DiabloTek GeForce 6600v+ 512mb DDR2
Maxtor 40gb ATA,Maxtor 30gb ATA,Western Digital 320gb SATA
2gb Geil Value RAM
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
550w PSU

alcarin2030 said:
Ok so every now and then my Computer will reboot while im in game. The game will lock up, and the computer will reboot, quickly flashing the blue screen but not slow enough to read so i cant troubleshoot the problem.

Before it happens again, like now, click start /settings select Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings. This opens the Startup and Recovery screen (Figure 1), where you can configure your machine not to reboot after a blue screen also make sure its set to write a memory dump and when it happens again post the error code from the blue screen and attach your minidump ( it should be on the root drive) in your post, I can use this to analyze what may be the cause of your issue.

Ok I cannot see the blue screen. It flashes too fast. And I have the Reboot on errors off and it still restarts. I do have that minidump thingy. I attached it. If you need one of the other types, this is the small one i think.

alcarin2030 said:
Ok I cannot see the blue screen. It flashes too fast. And I have the Reboot on errors off and it still restarts. I do have that minidump thingy. I attached it. If you need one of the other types, this is the small one i think.

Thanks for the minidump, I took a look at it and I think you have a hardware issue with the CPU , the dump reports the following,

This is a hardware error. This error was reported by the CPU
via Interrupt 18.

And I found a STOP 0x09c which when I googled gave me this page

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284

I think it may answer your question but remember i'm new to this so I may be wrong and open to correction.

what kinda of hardware issue? Like the CPU is broken or what? this didnt do this until I put in my 512mb Geforce 6600v+

Hi Guys.

A bugcheck of 9c means the following.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

As you can see, it can be caused by any type of hardware problem.

Hardware problems can be very difficult and expensive to diagnose.

Start by disconnecting anything not required to run your computer.

Check for overheating/faulty ram/underpowred or faulty psu

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for more info on this.

Go Here and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back