Computer reboots during gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy
I noticed a similiar post to this question, and I have the exact same problem.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44192.html
I've had my computer for a few years now and rarely it randomly reboots during a game. But now it is doing very frequently, almost always now, I'm starting to get really worried, I've checked forums, replaced parts, and Guild Wars Nightfall comes out tomorrow! It happens right when I enter Guild Wars and also during Halo (PC) when I start a mission.

(I understand that this is the default setting for sys recovery and have reset it)

I recently upgraded to a gig of ram and got a new fan because my computer was having some overheating issues. Apparantly the overheating wasn't the issue causing the rebooting, because now my computer runs at a good temp and games/programs cause my system to restart itself.
Any suggestions, words of wisdom please?

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Intel Pentium 4 1.60 GHz
ATI Radeon 9250 Graphics Card
CMedia AC97 Audio Device (built in sound)
and Legacy Drivers

1 thing to point out is could this be a sound driver issue?

The other guys problem was solved through updating his sound drivers.

I have no way of knowing considering my computer doesn't give me an error message.

Help I'm completely lost.

well updating any drivers will cause you no harm, unless of course you're looking at beta or unstable drivers which are iffy so give it a shot.

Check your PSU. Post all the info on the sticker here and we'll see if its up to the job..

ya your psu might be starting to push up daisies...

this might also be a memory problem. Are you getting bsods or just spontaneous restarts? Download the windows debugger and see what it says about the minidump files.

this happened to me last night after 2 hours of onimusha :) gonna try that windows debugger...no clue how to use it tho..ill just post w/e i see...
hey what kind of psu do you have?
also, K@in...whats a good debugging program to get? theres tons out there

zazazoom said:
this happened to me last night after 2 hours of onimusha :) gonna try that windows debugger...no clue how to use it tho..ill just post w/e i see...
hey what kind of psu do you have?
also, K@in...whats a good debugging program to get? theres tons out there
WinDbg or aka Debugging Tools for windows is a common one, free download from the microsoft website. Don't forget to get the symbols pack..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back