Computer reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to reset the bios on my computer and now my computer will reboot itself without warning. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor with a Biostar M7NCD motherboard. I am having problems getting the fsb up to 266mhz in bios. It will only allow me to go up to 200mhz. I looked at the manual and it says it allows up to 400mhz fsb.
Please Help

im guessing ur trying to OC ur PC?
maybe u have bad memory? whats ur memory speed at? might wanna try using dividers..

no I am not trying to overclock my pc. it was working fine until I had to reset the bios. I used the jumper next to the cmos battery. Anyways, I can choose my memory speed from 133 to auto. it is 333mhz. I have 512 ddr ram.

try settng everything to auto.. i dont have experience on older systems and CPUs.. so i dont think i can be very helpful with u on this one.. sorry bud :blackeye:

Most older processors like 2000+ uses 133MHz setting. Confirm on the AMD website, and get your mobo manual.

Most probably its your memory settings that is out. You might have PC2100 RAM that runs on 133MHz, with 3-4-4-8 settings.

Also the FSB uses a multiplier to get to those speeds - check the HT multiplier. The memory itself uses a doubler to get to 266Mhz.

hahah yea.. i dono what speeds the older CPUs run at.. but ruder seems to kno what hes talkin bout =] thanks ruder

ok I set my fsb to 133, my comp still runs slow, n I set my fsb frequency to 133, I have that choice or auto. I've tried both. I set it to 133, when I put my mp3 player in it n load the software it will reboot. Any ideas?

check the temps if u can. try everest home or MBM5 for this.. next would be to check and make sure ur CPU is not overheating a good temp should be around 33 on idle

next.. check that all ur powerlines are connected properly. u should try to disconnect and reconnect ur cables.

btw, how much power is ur power supply giving out? check to make sure its not overloaded.

Check your memory modules

Hy,
Get Memtest86, check your memory modules, see what happens then. Try also to get them out of the slots, clean them with a sheet of paper, put them back. See what's going on.
Check the power you have, with a multimeter, measure what voltage you have.
Re-install Windows.
Try another HDD.
Finally, if you can't get it working, set your entire computer on fire. Use gasoline :)
Just kidding about setting it on fire :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back