Computer Recently Slowed Down-Have HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two days ago, my computer began to slow down. Specifically, the launch of every program is delayed (IE doesn't start for a minute after I click the icon). There are no changes I have done to my computer recently to cause this. I'm thinking it may be a virus/hijack/spyware problem so I attached my hijackthis log.

Thanks,
BDR

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Then proceed through Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

post back here with
1)Hijackthis log
2)Combofix log
3)AVG log

Alright, I attached a new HJT log, along with a Combofix and AVG Antispyware log. The AVG antirootkit program did not work well. It would get to 68% and not progress any further. There were many rootkits found in C:\Program Files\Steam\skins. However, as mentioned above, I could not finish the rootkit scan.

Looks all clean. Unless you are still having any problems please do the following

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 4
  • The 4th option down is the one you want
  • After the download locate and double click the installer jre-6u4-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
  • Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions in your case Java 6 Update 3

Clean Up
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox
  • Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /u
  • Then hit Enter.

This will Uninstall Combofix. Reset the clock settings and Set a new, clean Restore Point.[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back