Computer refuses to POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! JUST RECENTLY MY COMPUTER IS HAVING A PROBLEM! MY COMPTER JUST WONT START... MY CPU IS I THINK WORKING SINCE I CAN HEAR THE BEEPING SOUND AND IT IS SORT OF READING N=MY DVD-ROM LIKE WHEN IT IS STARTING BUT MY MONITOR STAYS BLACK AND SAY THAT THERE IS NO SIGNAL! BUT WHAT HAPPEN BEFORE THIS IS THAT MY BROTHER IS PLAYING A VIDEO GAME FOR A FEW HOUR BUT NOT THt long THEN THE SCREEN FREEZES THEN THAT'S IT I CANT OPEN MY COMPUTER ANY MORE!

GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP PLS. POST YOUR REPLY OR EMAIL ME AT hedleychua@yahoo.com

thank you so much

I remember seeing this happen to someone before. All the guy had to do was remove the DVD-ROM that's in the drive and restart. It worked on reboot. I think it had something to do with the PC trying to boot off of the DVD. There's a small chance removing the DVD will work but I'm not sure, so just give it a shot and see. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking a whole variety of things could be wrong.

P.S.
That wouldn't happen to be TES IV:Oblivion would it? :knock:

umm

thnx for the reply but i think its not the dvd-rom that has a problem.. what do you think are the problem aside from the dvd-rom thanks

So you took out the DVD-ROM and it still didn't start? Damn. That was the easy solution...

Let's see... so you hear the CPU running and everything right? What game was your bro playing? He may have fried the video card because he was playing for so long. This is even more likely if the game he was playing is graphically demanding.

the game was i think a sort of an online game... i think the name is RAN ONLINE.. its a 3-d game.... every time he plays video game in the computer when i open it again the computer just wont start! but i was able to use again the computer as a matter of fact i'm using it now but it took me hours to open and restart in order for this computer to start again

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

hedleychua. I`ve just deleted your other thread. This is because you already have this thread running for the same problem and another one simply isn`t needed.

Please don`t open any more threads for this subject.

Please stop posting in capitals. It`s called shouting and is considered rude.

Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Turn off your computer and unplug it from the mains.

Open your case and use the clear cmos jumper on the mobo. Your mobo manual should tell you how to do this.

Alternatively, take out the cmos battery for a few minutes and replace it.

This will reset your bios back to it`s default settings. You may need to go into your bios and reset a few things.

It may be a good idea, to go into your bios first and make a note of how things are set up.

I`ve just noticed that you can`t get your computer to start, so you wont be able to go into your bios first.

Regards Howard :)

What kind of beeping sound is your computer making?

Count the number and duration of these beeps(ie one long two short etc), as they are a code, that may help us to determine the cause of your problems.

You can also take a look at this thread HERE. It deals with beep codes.

I suspect you have a faulty mobo.

Turn off your computer and unplug it from the mains.

Open the case and disconnect anything not required to boot your computer.

Just leave 1 stick of ram/mobo/cpu/psu/graphics card

If your computer still won`t boot, your problem has to be with one of the components left. As I ve said I suspect your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back