Computer Restarts In the MIddle of Games with case door on and keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my computer has been acting up as of recently. In the middle of playing games such as Guild Wars or Warcraft III, it would just restart. Sometimes my monitor would even go black but the computer would still be on. I checked my computer temp to see if it was overheating and the temperatures were 49 degrees for mobo and 45 for cpu. I didn't think that was too exceptionally hot but anyway I removed my door and put a big fan in front of it so now the temperatures are...

Mobo: 30 degrees
CPU: 35 degrees
Hardrive: 29 degrees

So far I have not had any problem in Warcraft. I haven't updated my hardware or anything and it worked fine before so I'm not sure what caused this.

My other problem is that my keyboard(Mitsuko brand) has also started acting up making my ctrl key mute my sound while my f5 lowers my volume. I tried uninstalling the keyboard software but the problem still occurs. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Here are my hardware specs...
CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+
Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: Corsair XMS DDR 400 1gb(2x512)
GPU: MSI Radeon 9800 128mb
PSU (do not leave this out): Antec SL400 ATX 400W Power Supply

In warcraft 3 there was a very known issue about video drivers that would cause the game to screw up. Try updating video drivers. About your keyboard, have you somehow set up shortcut keys?

As of the video card drivers, I tried uninstalling completely and then reinstalling but it still happens with my case door on. Case door has been off and no problems. I think it may be heat related or perhaps the fan on my door is causing my computer to short out but, only during games? I'm not sure. As for the keyboard, I don't recall setting up shortcuts for it nor do I know how to set up shortcuts without some kind of software.

have you observed the keyboard for some different coloured symbols or the presence of a "FN" key somewhere on it? It could be that its depressed, and hence the whole volume thing...

I do have a FN key but I'm not sure if I might of set ctrl to lower volume and if I did I don't really know how to change it back. I tried with another keyboard and the problem didn't occur so I'm sure it is my keyboard. As for my computer, does anyone know how to fix my restarting problem, I don't want to have my case door off forever :(

the temperatures were 49 degrees for mobo and 45 for cpu.
These temperatures idle or with the pc on full load? (playing a game) Get a reading on when the pc is under stress.

If you have to have your case door open to play, that would mean that you have a heat problem. Clean out the dust, add more cooling devices like fans, and improve airflow by tying up the cables.

are you getting BSODs? If so, zip up the last 2 or 3 minidumps as an attachment for analysis.

No BSOD, it just restarts or the monitor just goes idle in the middle of gameplay. I'll see if i can get the readings on it during full load and try tying up some of the cables and such.

I have tied the cables up and with case door on while running wc3 my temps are...

Motherboard 49
CPU 48
HD 41

EDIT: Ok now it seems I'm having new kinds of restart problems. One where in the middle of doing anything it will give me a BSOD with the error on the file "dump_wmimmc.sys" and it says "Driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operations". Also I have gotten restarts with the message "Out of Frequency" error on my screen. Any idea on how to fix these problems? I have uploaded my minidumps for viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back