Computer Restarts Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeed17

My computer crashes randomly, especially if it has been on for long periods or if I am playing a game. I have 768 MB, I installed the 512 last december. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3 minidumps crash at VETMONNT.SYS. This is part of your antivirus programme. They also reference vsdatant.sys=Zonalarm firewall. SYMEVENT.SYS=Symantec Event Library. VET-FILT.SYS=your antivirus programe.

2 minidumps crash at VET-FILT.SYS. As above.

1 minidump cashes with hardware.

It seems you are running mutiple antivirus and firewall programmes. This is probably causing severe conflicts. You should never have more than one antivirus/firewall running at the same time.

Download the free AVG antivirus from HERE.

Disconnect from the internet and uninstall all your antivirus and firewall programmes.

Once done reboot your computer.

Reinstall Zonealarm, followed by AVG free. Reconnect to the net and run the AVG updates.

Regards Howard :)

Hey,
Was in the middle of running a virus scan and the computer crashed, as soon as i logged back on happened again, this happened like three times in a row. The blue error screen said something along the lines of unpaged file - sorry can't remember it accurately.
Many Thanks

These are errors I get, just went through whole phase of continuous crashing, noted the errors down this time:

error 1: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

error2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

error3: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I'v tried the memory test, however the computer stops responding after 30/40 mins in to the test or maybe I don't know how read the results for the test. Please help

Without you running the full memory test, my hands are kind of tied. Does Memtest86+ give you any errors while it is running?

Did you uninstall all your antivirus programmes and install the free AVG?

I also suggest you disconnect from the net and uninstall Zonealarm. See if your computer still crashes.

Yeah I uninstalled Zone Alarm, still crashes, ill do the memory test, btw the temperature in my pc is 99 degrees, is that too hot? if so how do i make it normal?

its 99°C, how do i reduce it? i got screenshot of memory test when it stopped, but the pic is too big to upload here even if i zip it

Are all your system fans running ok, including your cpu fan?

Where are you getting those temperatures from? If your temperature were actually 99°C I would`ve expected your system to have fried by now. It might be, you have a faulty sensor.

Take a look in your bios and see what the temps are there.

Mmm. Download the free Everest programme from HERE.

When you run the programme, click on the large computer icon in the righthand pane, then click on the sensor icon.

Tell me what is says.

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Winbond W83627HF (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Aux 100 °C (212 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2220 RPM
Power Supply 4219 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.65 V
Aux 2.35 V
+3.3 V 3.28 V
+5 V 4.95 V
+12 V 11.98 V
-12 V -12.61 V
-5 V 3.55 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
VBAT Battery 3.09 V
Debug Info F 26 FF 14
Debug Info T 237 127 100
Debug Info V 67 93 CD B8 C5 1C E0 (01)

You must have a faulty sensor. If your temps realy were that high, it`d be a case of melt down.

If you don`t feel comfortable following the instructions below, just let me know.

Shut down your computer and unplug it from the mains. Open your case and carefully feel at the heatsink of your cpu.

It shouldn`t be that hot so you can`t touch it.

Unplug the cpu fan and carefully take off the heatsink. Clean off the old thermal pad/paste, using a little isopropyl/rubbing alcohol. let them dry thoroughly.

Apply some new thermal paste and reattach the heatsink. Plug the cpu fan back in.

Intructions for applying thermal paste, can be found HERE.

Turn your computer back on and see what your temps are now.

Saeed17 said:
I dont have any isopropyl/rubbing alcohol or thermal paste

In that case, I suggest you get some tomorrow, as you can`t do what I said without it.

Do you feel comfortable in doing this?

Saeed17 said:
no not really

That`s perfectly ok. Messing around inside computers isn`t for everyone.

If you`re not sure what you`re doing, it`s better to leave it to someone who does, for safety reasons.

I suggest that you take your computer to you local pc repair shop and let them take a look at it for you.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back