Computer screen keeps going black suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran

basically when i am playing games or watching movies my computer screen will suddenly go black but the computer seems to still be running, i have to restart my computer every time this happens before the screen will come back. this doesn't happen every time but quite often its getting really annoying any ideas. i think it might be my graphics card but i don't know.

We meet again !

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Mind you, this is most likely an LCD monitor fault. If you have another Display (from another computer that you could swap yours with - as a test) that would be ideal.

nope don't have another monitor and i have put up my system spec. there anyway i can check without having one??

Please answer Yes underneath this in your Profile (default is No)
System SpecsWould you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

ATI™ CrossFire™ Xpress 3200
The ATI™ CrossFire™ Xpress 3200 Northbridge supports simultaneous operation of two external PCI Express x16 graphics cards and delivers the best performance for overcolcking. It's simply the fastest graphics platform solution to date.

I wonder sometimes if these computers are too fast for the standard LCD that usually comes with them.

I'd like to stand by my notion that the LCD has faulted, and if you can get it to fault at one particular point, or even many times over a short interval. Then I would suggest to replace under warranty. (sadly warranty means like for like)

Exactly how old is the LCD anyway (less than a year?)

19/07/2006 was when i baught it so its been around a year and a half i think not sure how long my warranty is though.
Sony SDM-S95AB 19" TFT SXGA Black is my current screen.

Unfortunately i am not near my computer i am using one at uni so i will check when i get back home to find out how long i have left. is there any way i can test to see if it is my monitor encase my warranty has run out.

lol. the site doesnt have any warranty information for my model i guess i will call them up later. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back