Computer seemingly has power, but won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was installing a USB 2.0 card in my desktop, installed the drivers, restarted the computer and the time was reset to jan 1st 2000. "that's wierd" i thought and was like, "whatever" and changed it to the right date and time. so then i installed the program/drivers for a video port and it asks me to restart but i chose to do it later so i can update windows at the same time. it gets late by this point so i decide to just turn off my computer. i go to turn it on a few hours later because i couldn't sleep and it did nothing. as in it was like it was unplugged. i messed with the off/on switch and pushed the power and reset buttons a thousand times and i got nothing.

i thought it might have been something with the power source, but when the on switch is on there's a light on my motherboard that is on. i've tried starting without the card and still nothing.

when you try to power on... what happens???

do you get any video at all? do you hear any beep codes? do you see the BIOS POST screen and mothboard/PC maker logo screen??

If possible, hold down F8 while you power the system up, and choose "last known good configuration" at the selction screen

absolutely nothing happens when i push the power button except for the click of it being pressed. someone suggested it might have been the power source that died, but i don't know why there would be a green light on the motherboard lit.

check the fan on the CPU... if it is not sensed the computer will not start.
fail safe to save the CPU....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back