Computer shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus4

Can anybody help me with this one because i pulling my hair out,I bought a pc from palicomp of which they are not responding to my mails at all,it's a amd dual core 6000+ with 2gb ddr ram 320 sata hard drive with a ecs mobo(geforce6100sm-m in a xblade case 450w power .
I'm running windows xp with all the updates and security updates but when i go on the net after about 2-15 mins the pc just shuts down dead,then i just hit the power button and it strikes up ok then i go on the net and it's fine for a few mins and then it go's again then i start the thing again and it fine for a bit longer.It only does this when on the net,i've played games for hours no proble,i've done a virus check with avast antivirus with full updates,i've done a system error check with tuneup utilities nothing.

please can anybody help!!!!!!!!!!

fair bet to say either your PSU is bad or you are over heating.
Check out your CPU temps and replace your PSU with a quality one.

new psu

I've just fitted a new 500w sumvision psu and the dame thing still shutting down,any ideas out there?

It's time to remove the HSF (CPU heatsink and fan) Clean of the old thermal compound and apply a small amount of new compound. Do you have all the power plugs in the motherboard. Does the dual core AMD's have a 4-post power plug like the Intel's do?

yes it is the only thing that miff's me is the heatsink and fan are on a little wonkey

My pc still shutting down if anyone can help or has the same problem please let me know,i've got all the info of my pc hardware and software.i've heard that there is a fault log in window xp that stores all the problems like shut down ,does anyone know how to access this?.

The Event viewer?....control panel> administrative tools> event viewer> system,..(double clicking) when needed.

Double click on error then you'll see a microsoft link in the Event property box

You said your heatsink and fan are on "a little wonkey". Do you mean loose/shakey/not down flat and tight? If so you must reseat that entire assembly to get it to work right. Yes, and you should take a peek @ the condition of the thermal paste on your cpu while you are at it. Good Luck.

I know it sounds strange but if there was a problem with the processor temp surely it would happen anytime and not just when i'm on the net.?

Hey I was havin the exact same problem as you are and couldnt figure it out took me almost a week now. I went into the bios and changed the pmu to auto as it is defaulted to disabled and it seems to be working so far its been 10 hours and hasnt shut down once so you can try that and get back to me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back