Computer Speakers not functioning - Please help - SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have two "infinity IBM FRU 25P4726" speakers. After formatting the C drive the speakers are just not working. I don't have the CD's. I tried downloading the drivers from the IBM website but I still have the Yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager and the speaker symbol next to the clock is missing. Pleaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese HELP. SOS

We use the computer to speak to my brother who is living abroad, and since the speakers are not functioning we are not able to communicate using skype or yahoo etc. Please help. Thank you.

What's this laptop built-in spks or just speakers you hooked up to the desktop PC? If you have a laptop speakers will work with the sound card and needs sound driver from IBM. If it's a desktop then the sound card will also need drivers. If you have onboard sound you need to get the sound drivers from the MOBO manufacturer. Also since you formated the drive C: you'll need to get the chipset drivers for the MOBO again to IBM if that's what you have?

Thank you! I am using a desktop. I use a headphone mic to talk and speakers connected to the computer to listen.
I will download the other drivers as suggested by you and reply. Thanks once again.

Well our friend tipstir said is beautifully! ,

sumovi mobo drivers is a must !, it will also install your on board audio device drivers. Do you know what motherboard chipset you got ? nvidia or via or pentium ?

Anyhow that should get you going again.
Remember you formatted,, so the drivers are gone, and XP showin the yellow in deviceM ,, is telling you it needs drivers.

However once you run the mobo driver setup,, You will see it will install audio too,

GL buddz,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back