Computer Start Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vista dx10

Hello all, Please could someone help me i have just built a new computer (first and last time) and when i switch on it runs fine for anytime between 1-5 min and then shuts down i have updated the bios but it sill will not keep running the specs are

Asus P5N32-SLi
Duo E6700 2.66
8800 GTS 640mb
OCZ 850w Psu
2GB PC6400 Hyperx Kingston
Antec 900 case

Would be very greatful for any help

Thanks

Did you apply themal paste? could be shutting down from the CPU overheating. Don't get disgusted with building! There are PLENTY of people here that can and are more than willing to help you! :D

btw...Welcome to Techspot!

halo71 said:
Did you apply themal paste? could be shutting down from the CPU overheating. Don't get disgusted with building! There are PLENTY of people here that can and are more than willing to help you! :D

btw...Welcome to Techspot!

Thank you for the welcome halo71 i did use thermal paste formula 5 the onboard temp reading is stable at around 45oC

Yes mate it does spin, one thing i have noticed is when the power button is switched on the PSU LED lights up but dims a second later could it be a faulty PSU?

That was going to be my next guess. You made sure everything is properly connected?

Well as far as testing your PSU you may want to wait and see what others here may say. Do you by chance have another PSU laying around that you could replace with to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back