Computer Starts for 3-5 Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson1

BTW: My computer is brand new and i have just put it together from all brand new parts and i have tried to start it but to no success.

My spec is

Intel Pentium D 820 Socket775 , Smithfield Core, 2x2.8 GHz , 2MB Cache

Asrock 775I945GZ, i945GZ, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533, SATA II, uATX, On Board VGA (motherboard)

1Gb (2X512Mb) Corsair Value Select, DDR2 PC5300 (667), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 5-5-5-15

550 watt EZcool power supply.

256MB Gigabyte 7600GS PCI-E(x16), Mem 800MHz, GPU 450MHz, 12Pipes, D-Sub/DVI-I/HDTV SLi Silent-Pipe (dedicated graphics card)

And i have a large and a small fan that come with the case, the smaller one isnt plugged because its attached to the side pannel which i have removed in order to build my system.

And my computer starts for about 3-5 seconds then shuts down, when it starts the lights on the case work, the fans and heatsinks work, but there is no beeps when it starts and the motherboard doesnt display any lights. Is it possible that my motherboard is fried which causes the system to shut down and dispaly no lights from the mobo. Someone else told me that a smudged processor/heatsink could cause the system not to beep or start up. And this may sound incredibly stupid (ive never built a computer before), is it suposed beep on startup if there are no speakers plugged in? Also nothing comes up on the monitor.

ALSO: could this component have anything to do with it; it is like a small black sylinder conected by 1 red and 1 black wire to a 4 socket connector, what does it do? there are a several 4 pin connectors on my motherboard but i dont wanna connect it to the wrong one.

That small black cylinder is a solid state speaker. There should be a 4-pin molex connector near the CPU socket. You will find a 4-pin connector on the power supply that will connect to this motherboard connector. As for any other 4-pin connectors, I don't know. There should be several 3-pin connectors for fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back