Computer stores in London...

MrGaribaldi

Hello :)

Since I'm going to London next weekend, I was wondering if there are any good (and cheap) computer hardware stores that any of you can recommend.

If you can give me a couple of links to stores, I'll be able to see if there are any things worth buying in London compared to Oslo, instead of standing in a/the store and guessing if I'll save or pay more...

(Mostly interested in flash/thumb-drive and DVD-burner, but other things might be interesting too)

Found this store, but it's a tad expensive.
Only other I found was Dixon (which is not what i'm looking for), so if anyone else has any links for me, I'd appreciate it :)

From my memory of the Tottenham Court Road, most of the "shops" were tiny, very cheap, with stuff you weren't 100% sure about the legality of - e.g. no websites for them ;-)

Buy a cheap flight and return home via Switzerland. They sell hardware there for about half the price you pay in the USA.
Have a look here: http://www.toppreise.ch/
They are in English and you can see the prices in Swiss Francs or Euro.

Got myself a Canon PIXMA i4000 printer there for €125.- which would have cost me about € 250.- here in (rip-off) Ireland.
And 2 Sandisk Cruzer Mini 256MB flash-keys for € 45.- each. Hard to beat.
Price-correction: they were Swiss Francs 45.- each, or €29.25 each.

Hmm, tempting, but it'd take too long and cost me more than I'd save (since I'm not after anything specific)...

I'm flying with Ryanair which costs me a total of 90£ with return trip...

But maybe I'll take a trip to Switzerland at a later date :)
(Or Austria, as I seem to recall they too have nice prices)

You spell that wrong, it is Ruinair

If by any chance you get to stopover at Stanstead, kiss the rest of the day goodbye. If you are not at least 3-4 hours there BEFORE your connecting flight, you will be guaranteed to miss it.

I'll never fly that heap of wan.ers again.

Bah. Ryanair for single flights is fine, and piss cheap

Only airline that could get me from Dublin to Cardiff, arriving before 1PM, with three days notice. For E35. No return flights at the time I needed (after 7PM at the earliest), but no airline did that anyway - last flight back to Ireland left around 5:30.

Got to see my match and got to pay a lot less for it. Arrived at Dublin airport an hour before departure with my "digital ticket" - website printoff done from under Firefox (which Aer Lingus doesn't like at all) and passport, got on plane with no hassle, got off plane with no hassle (no baggage)

The only people who have problems with Ryanair are those with overly large baggage or complex iteneries.

Heh, Ryanair is ok due to their prices... But I wouldn't use it for anything but short (almost) non-stop flights.

As long as you've got a stop-over and are using Ryanair before and after, it should be ok.

Not that I can survive in the seats for much longer than a couple of hours at a time though... Have they ever heard of knees?! There is no place to put them... :(

Back