Computer turns off by itself. HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im writing because my computer has beenm acting weird lately. About 3 days ago it just shut off out of no reason. ( i didnt click anything nor downloaded anything that might contain a virus) When i try to turn it on it only gets to the loading Windows part and then it shuts off by itself. About 3 seconds later it turns off by itself and will repeat this same process until i decide to turn it off. I tried turning it on on "safe mode" it loaded fine but after a few seconds with the desktop screen it shuts off and does the same thing. I dont know if its a hardware or software problem. can some one help please?

P.S this message is written by using another computer. not the one that is damaged.

Sounds like your processor is overheating or a hardware failure, probably a bad capacitor on the motherboard.

vegasgmc said:
Sounds like your processor is overheating or a hardware failure, probably a bad capacitor on the motherboard.

well i tried getting all the dust out of the machine. Also its a pretty new computer (2005) so i dont know if the motherboard is the problem. altho when i turn it on it says "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
\WINDOWS\System32\Config\System"

many friends told me that i had to restart the whole system by installing Windows XP again but i REALLY dont want to lose all my info. i tried loging on safe mode to save it all into a CD but it wouldnt let me log on. it would say the same thing as mentioned above.

After a long consideration i dedcided to reinstall Windows XP because frankly i dont think i could do anything else. but now the computer wont read the CD. when i put it it gets to the Licensing Agreement and then it says something like "please insert a windows XP proffesional or home edition and press enter" (those arent the exact words) when this message is displayed the Windows XP proffesional is already inside and i click enter but the same message appears again. i tried formating the computer but when i tried windows after formating it the same thing happened. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back