computer will either restart or freeze up and make this strange noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifereaver

Hi all, my computer is giving me hell when i play games. I have been playing wow and having ventrilo open while playing, when im playing my computer will either restart or freeze up and make this strange noise for no reason. i have 512mb ram,GeForce FX5200 128mb,Sound Blaster card. Please help me if you can. Thanks

Now my computer is really messed up. Last night i was playing WOW and it restarted when i turned it back on it stayed in a black screen and make a beeping noise. Can anyone tell me why this would be happening.

RAM Issues

if your computer now dont boots up and gives a beeping sound with the black screen 95% chances of the RAM been faulty. Try to clean the RAM and put in the different slot, if still getting the same problem, replace the RAM stick.

--Sebastian Fernandez

Actually that fixed it alittle but now when i start up my computer all it does is keep restarting. Like i start it up it gets to the part were it says Emachines then restarts comes up again and asks me if i want to start in safe mode or what.I hit safe mode and it gets stuck at emachines again. Can you help me out with this?

What model of eMachine is it. This is the first of many common problems that end in certain death due to failure of the motherboard.... for which there is no fix except a motherboard replacement. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
It depends somewhat on the model, as only 14 models are terrible, and another 9 are bad.

Not on my list of defectives, but the symptoms are the same. eMachines only made five computers with the S- as part of the model name.
If it is a Tri-Gem motherboard, is is probably one of the bad ones. Otherwise, it may be something you can rescue with a new power supply.

I agree with raybay that it COULD be a faulty psu! However, i strongly suggest that you ignore any other suggestion he may make as a fair ammount of his posts are full of contradiction after contradiction after contradiction.

For clarification, how old is your emachine? Raybay states in this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782-2.html - first quote "DO NOT COUNT ON THE POWER SUPPY REPLACEMENT FIXING THE PROBLEM." in his post #27 then quote "In at least 23 eMachines models made since 2002, the problem is in the motherboard itself, not the power supply." in post #29.

It depends entirely on the model. The S-Series are a special case. There are only 5 "S" models and the motherboards and power supply problems vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back