Computer will not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a custom built computer that i have had for about a year and a half now. It is an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with an ASRock motherboard. (It was cheap and my parents thought it would be cool to go ahead and buy a motherboard without me there) I have a 350W PSU. I run Windows XP Pro and have a 9800XT graphics card. (If that is needed)

Times in the past my computer would not boot up I usually just flipped the on/off switch on the PSU or unplugged it then it would boot up. Well this time I was sleeping and I woke up to find it had gone off durning the night (which sometimes has happened) and thought the same measures would fix it again. Well they havent and I am now on my old 800 mhz computer ^_^. If anyone has any ideas about what would be the main problem please reply.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I suspect the psu has failed.

Take a look at this PSU wattage calculator. Add a further 30% to whatever figure it gives you for a safety margin.

Also look at this article. The psu thread.

If changing the psu doesn`t help. It`s probably your mobo that`s died.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Alright I will try changing the PSU. My friend has one from his last computer that he replaced recently. Ill try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back