Computer won’t boot after shutdown, fan starts a bit and stops

Sometimes My PC failing to boot lately. when I pushed the start button and the alls fans would spin a little and stop repeatedly, LED lights would flash and stops, That’s as much as it will do now. The fan will even spin for a bit after I flip the power switch off, but eventually stops.but after like 3-4 hours without plugging on sometimes when I press the start button PC would start normally and continue to work fine,I didnt notice any performance difference .then after shutting down PC it wont boot for another few hours.and PSU gives little buzzing noice when plugged in to power.

I have looked online for fixes, I cleaned out the dust, I have tried plugging the power cord into a different outlet,reinstalled mobo battery and Graphics card(even tried to turn on without the card). So far no changes.

I built the computer 3 years ago and until now it worked fine. If anyone has a fix for this please help me.thank you.

Here are the computer specs

CPU- Intel core i3 3.5ghz
Hardrive- WD 1TB black
Power- Raidmax 600W
Video card- MSI Radeon R9 280X
Motherboard - MSI B85 G43 Gaming
Ram - 2 x 4GB DDRIII
Windows 7 64bit

Based on your description, it sounds like a thermal issue which causes the power supply to fail to give a 'power good' signal until it cools down. I would guess at a cracked solder joint or a leaky capacitor - only fixable by knowledgeable or foolhardy (stored juice can kill).

I think the warranty on the Raidmax is only 2 years. I have better luck with Thermaltake (5 year warranty) for about the same price (https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002729) or something similar.

Other possibilities include: failing power switch or power connection (dig out motherboard manual and refer to it so you can disconnect and reconnect - would 'wipe' corrosion).

ps: I keep a spare PSU on the shelf just to test this kind of thing, so if you invest in a new one, it is not money wasted.

Hope that helps.

Based on your description, it sounds like a thermal issue which causes the power supply to fail to give a 'power good' signal until it cools down. I would guess at a cracked solder joint or a leaky capacitor - only fixable by knowledgeable or foolhardy (stored juice can kill).

I think the warranty on the Raidmax is only 2 years. I have better luck with Thermaltake (5 year warranty) for about the same price (https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002729) or something similar.

Other possibilities include: failing power switch or power connection (dig out motherboard manual and refer to it so you can disconnect and reconnect - would 'wipe' corrosion).

ps: I keep a spare PSU on the shelf just to test this kind of thing, so if you invest in a new one, it is not money wasted.

Hope that helps.
thanks I will try to test it with another power supply

Back