Computer won`t turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok waht5 happened was i was all night yesterday, i turned off my computer and went to bed, this morning i got up and i wanted to check my email so i went to turn on my computer and all that came up was a black screen (my actual computer was running) so i held the power button and my computer turned off, when i tried to hit the power button again it wouldnt turn on at all!

please help me! i think it is the PSU but even if it is, what caused the black screen in the first place? Jeez im so woried i got this computer in apri...pretty much new desktop pc..

Amd 4800+ dual core
Nvidida 7800 gtx
Western Digital 74g 10,000 rpm

sorry cant really rmemeber much more bout my hardware, im at school atm, thanks alot! hope you guys can help me :)

Just for fun try and and let the computer run from the time you get up to the time you come home from school or work. If that does not help try and see if you can run the PC in safe mode.

Also note if the PC shws any text on the screen.

Did you do something out of the ordinary the day or two before the PC problems started? (played with bios, installed a new software, new hardware, played with cables, replace some stuff, got a wierd message from pc,...???)

nope i didnt play with anything or do anything wierd, jus playin games, but i dunno if u missed it but i said at first when i turned on my compute it was a black screen, when i tired to turn on my computer again it wouldnt work at all, no power, sound , fans not working, nothing at all, please god guy atleastr tell me its not my video card, i cant afford this :S

Something similar happened to me once. Under the different conditions, but try this anyway. Make sure that all your power connectors are firmly in. The cord to the wall, to the power supply and mainly to the board. Check the green led on the back of the power supply (if you have one), it should be on. If it is not the power supply is busted. If not turn on your PC. If it does not start press the start button about 10x every 2 seconds. Then unplug the power cord that goes from your wall to your power supply. the green led should be on for only a few seconds. Then press the start button about 10x every 2 seconds again. Then, and I am not kidding, to take a five minutes to pray to God that this will work. Seriously leave the PC e for few minutes. Go back plug in the power cord take a deep breath and turn the PC on. I know this is far-fetched, but it did work for me. If it does not work let me know, I'll think of something.
Good lock
-Pioneer

sorry i dont think this method will work for me, im an athiast....lol juss kidding, well before i was this message a got so dam worried that i called the computer strore (even thought i have had the computer more then the 3 month warranty) and they said bring it in, lucky for me there system was down the day i bought the pc, so i had a reciept with no date and the managers signature on it! so they think that i got the computer less then 3 months ago, haha lucky me, well they said come back wednesday , it should be fixed, i will be sure to update u...and thanks big time pioneer for ur hard work :)

thanks to every1 who helped but as i said the repair store took my computer in even though it was passed my 3 month warrenty, anyways, i jus got a call and aperently my pc is ready so ill post again using my newly rapaired computer to confirm it works :p

again, thanks

ok typing using my reapired computer now w00t! thanks to pioneer especially, they said it was my psu, but no more deatail then that cuz the repair guy wasnt there :S ok thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back