COmputer won't boot and I can't get to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a computer last summer that ran great then it started to have stability issues after one month. Ended up using Memtest on the RAM and both sticks were good. The computer ran fine on just one stick for some reason so I figured I'd just make due with 512 MBs.

Anyway, no major problems like that until the breaker tripped in my dorm room twice real fast, off/on/off/on just like that. The final message I saw on my computer was a black screen with a warning that the HD couldn't be dtected. I restarted and the computer never gave a video signal and the HD had no activity. I couldn't get to the BIOS either.
What the computer does when on:

- DVD drive tries to access a CD over and over again (it will open and close, putting a CD in does nothing)
- case lights, fans and CPU fan are on (power light for the RAM is on too)
- no video signal
- HD light blinks twice then nothing (no indication that there is any HD activity)

Things that I've tried to do to fix this:

- check power and other connections
- swap video cards
- move RAM around
- unplug/replug devices (PCI cards, drives, etc.)
- moniter works (hooked up to my laptop)
- put in Windows CD

Here's my key components:
Gigabyte Triton K8 series mobo
2800+ AMD 64 CPU
Fortron 400W PSU
Plextor DVDRW/usual junk
Sony floppy drive
Antec case
Chaintech GeForce 4 Titanium edition (reused from older PC)
Turtlebeach Santa Cruz audio card

when you are first powering on your system, soes it give you any kind of beeping message? (long beep, or one short one long)

if your mobo is still working it shoudl give you some audible signal to give you an idea of what might be wrong.

no beep could mean a fried mobo :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back