Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi about a month ago I built a new computer:

AMD 2800+ CPU
ASUS A7n8X-X MB
DDR400 MEMORY 512MB PC3200
9000 Sapphire Atlantis 128 MB
80 GByte Maxtor HD

The last few weeks when I boot my machine, the monitor wouldnt cut in, no lights on keyboard. I would not hear any beep when the computer boots up. After about 15-20 restarts, the computer would boot, I would hear 1 beep, and lights would come on keyboard, monitor would cut in, and everything is fine.
Sometimes when im playin Far CRy the computer would automaically restart.

Im thinkin the problem could be :

1. RAM
2.Video Card
3.May need to update Bios
4.PSU

As anyone have this type of problem before, if so, what was the problem?

Thanks for you time

Calvin

The first place I'd look is your PSU, it sounds like it is having some moments. But just to be sure try taking all of your components out of their spots, and reseat them. You shouldn't have to do this with the CPU, but everything else. This will ensure that they are all seated properly, and making a good connection. Once this is established we can work from there.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Seems like this should be in a different thread...

Agreed with poertner, PSU unit may be to blame. I would also try a different video card, and reset your CMOS...

Bug

I had a nearly the identical problem with with my system recently. The thread is in the chipsets category: "no boot." allow me to summarize however. It seems that the expert over that way believes the northbridge is to blame, aka the mobo is shot. I also thought that it could be the psu, so if you try to switch that part please post your result. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back