Computer won't burn to a CD or DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping someone can help me! I have a Dell with Windows XP. Several months ago, the burner stopped reading when I put a CD in. Meaning, whenever I'd try to burn pictures or a music cd, it would tell me that the CD was either full or something else. (Sorry, I can't remember what). Thinking that I just got a defective CD, I tried nearly every one that I had. It works about 1 out of 25 times. I thought the burner was messed up, so I bought a new one and SAME THING! Brand new burner, new discs, same error. Can anyone help me?

What program are you using to burn the CDs? You may try another one and see how it works. I have always used Nero just because it works hand-in-hand with the music organizing program i have "MediaMonkey". I have had several different version of it and it works like a charm.

For some reason I've got about 4 different programs I can use. The new burner came with Nero. I couldn't figure out exactly how to burn JUST pics.(not a slide show) with Nero. So I was trying with Roxio and one other. This morning my husband got Nero to burn to a DVD+RW, but it was a slide show. I wanted to be able to go to Walmart and print pics and didn't think it would work with a slide show.

Having more than 1 burning program on your machine is probably where the trouble is, not to mention the fact that XP also has burn capabilities built in that should be turned off.
I would delete all burn programs and clean up after( Nero has a tool General clean & and Registry check utility, free download from Nero.com)
You should do some reading at Support Nero before you reinstall.
You will also need to download ForceAspi to update XP .
Make sure you clean out Temp files and Defrag after all this, and before you start burning .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back