Computer won't start with new VGA card (Hello all, I gots trouble!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just discovered yesterday that my video card (GeForce4 MX) was not supported for Everquest II, I went out and got a GeForce FX 5200, but when I installed it the monitor wouldn't respond at all. I'm not sure what's going on and I've been looking everywhere for help and none seems available. My computer is a vpr Matrix 2.53 ghz Intel Pentium 4 510 ram. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

- Please use proper thread titles
Didou

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried reinstalling your old card?

It may just be that your new card is faulty in which case you should take it back and get another one.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Yeah I tried quite a few times with the FX 5200 couldn't get it to work so I figured it was a bad card, went and returned it, got another one tried that one out earlier tonight and it didn't work either. I gots no clue what's happening, but I appreciate your reply though, the old card works fine, but EQII doesn't support it. Alas.

Not an Nvidia person, so I'm not going to know specifics about the cards but does the new card require a seperate power input, like the ATI Radeon series of cards (newer stock like the 9800 XT and 800XT series)? Also, what is the AGP speed (8X?) of your new card and does the board support it? Check to see if there are any bios settings that could potentially be changed regarding video settings.

Just my $.02.

Does the old card still work properly?

I have found some cards and boards to have compatibility issues. I recently purchased a ti4200 to place in a board and it wouldn't work. I had a different brand ti4200 laying around and no go. Any other video GPU worked fine. I would try something else, perhaps an ATI radeon 9100 or a ti4200 instead of the 5200. 9100, i believe, has support for DX9. the ti 4200 supports DX8, but I have found it a better card than the fx5200.

Good luck.
Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back