Computer Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

My co-worker computer didn't startup one day so I thought it was just a hardisk failure so I took the harddisk and put onto another computer and it work/detected fine.
After serveral attempt by puttin the old HD back, his computer display some weird picture (I dunno how to explain but some scratchy unusual line on bootup, though I can access/using BIOS) the comp did not go past POST (I think the state before WINDOW XP LOADING) and it will display this message which I have never seen or heard, I cannot find any infor related to this issue on anywhere either google

"sis 730 agp true color grahpics and video accelerator
16M Bytes Video Memory, BIOS Version 2.00.50
Support VESA BIOS Extension Ver 3.0"

I suspect it was the video card, so I try to replace it with mine but to no avail...

I forgotten what is the spec of the PC, I only remember it has a memory (cpu) of 5xxMhz no more or less...

This indeed has something to do with the graphics card.

I am however not able to provide any further assistance aside from checking the graphics card in the Bios of the PC. I presume you know what that is? You know when is says something along the lines of press delete to enter setup. Have a look at the graphics card in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back