Computer won't turn on!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, about two days ago, I decided to thoroughly clean my computer, in and out. I kept a log on which connection go where so that when I put everything back i dont screw anything up. The majority of the cleaning was with just blowing air or lightly wet cloth for the tower. Only thing i didnt clean was teh power supply cause i didnt wanna bother opening it but i cleaned the vents.

After I put everything back together i let it dry for a while and tried to hook it up that same day. As soon i plug in the power supply to the wire, high pitched noise came and later a funky smell. In response, I immediately disconnected it. I thought maybe its still needs to be dried up, so I left it as it is overnight. Next day I try again. Same thing happends and this time, same noise happends. I try turning it on and it didnt. I checked all my connections, everything seems to be in place.

What went wrong?!?!? Whats is that high pitched sound?!!?

The PSU cant be broken cause i was working normally before i cleaned it.

Hi
Sounds like something is/has shorted out, where does the noise come from, if its the PSU its possible that it has failed, and will require a replacement, if it came from the PC speaker, then check you have everything wired correctly.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back