Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc was turned on when i had a power cut and it obviously switched off. It now won't turn back on. All the lights are on but nobody seems to be at home! Could something have blown? I'm not exactly a computer genius so not sure where to start. Please help! :(

Ok, If your PC works well before the deadly power cut, and now 'died' after that, there's no need to think much.

& what do you mean by that 'power cut'? do you mean it's a lightning strike that cut the electricity power of your house? If so, maybe the lightning sent a powerful source of power from your house's electricity to your pc (that your pc power supply couldn't afford to bear the overwhelming power sent by the electricity flow (wire). This is also possible to kill your pc. I hope you understand what I mean (fheww.. english is sure tough to 'perform')

1. Turn on all power, push the 'ON' button of your CPU. This won't turn your computer ON but the purpose why I ask you to do this is to check your computer power supply. Give a sharp attention to your power supply fan (usually visible from the back of your CPU). While the 'wall' power is on, try to push the ON button continuously while checking whether your power supply fan is spinning.

2. Does it spinning? No right?? If not spinning, then you don't have to use that power supply again since it's 'dead'. Try replacing it with a new one. This surely solve the problem. (I think).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It does sound like your psu has died. Hopefully getting a new one will solve your problem.

Regards and good luck Howard :wave: :wave:

Just to add, unplug everything and let it sit for a few minutes. Then try and boot. Also i would try a new PSU (if that is posible) or run out to staples or the local PC shop and get a power supply tester.

Sean

BTW-nice name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back