Computer won't turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just opened my computer to try and install a new hard drive, I put it in and when I tried to turn it back on the fan spun for like 1 second or two but then it wouldn't turn back on. I then had to go somewhere and left the computer unplugged from everything. I came back and tried to turn it on again and the same thing happened, and everytime I try to turn it on nothing happens. :( Can anyone help me please? I was just using the computer this morning and now it doesn't want to work... any help is appreciated

well u can see if you have a short . or maybe disconnect a cdrom or two . and try it that way . clean it up recheck the cpu hsf and make sure it is clean and well seated .

yeah i think it has something to do with the fan but im not entirely sure since I was using it like an hour before I opened it, but i'm going to try to do what you said right now

Assuming this not a SATA hard drive, did you install the new hard drive on the same IDE channel as the existing hard drive? Or if not, is there any other device on the same channel such as an optical drive? In either case, did you set the jumpers on the back of the devices to the proper master/slave configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back