Configuration problems with Gigabyte mobo's and SATA drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built this system (not my first) but my first with sata drives.
I've got the 1 sata 3g's hdd pluged into the right spot (controled by Nvidia),
and the Sata DVD Burner pluged into the spot where Sata 150's go ( controled by Sil). There are 4 plugins for each.
Both are pluged in on Sata 0 plug.
The Bios does not see the drives on POST.
But it see's the plextor in Cmos, but not the hdd. The Nvidia Raid see's the hdd and say's it's healthy. Got it set as JBOD in the raid. Have the Boot setup to first-floppy, second- hdd, third- cd rom
The problem is when I try to put on XP Pro it put's on the setup files, and I put on the raid drivers, and it reboots it starts all over again put on the same setup files on. It won't boot from the hdd. When I try to force it to boot from the hdd it say's I have a hardware configuration problem.

HELP!!!!
Got any suggestions??

System info

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939
Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX
Memory:
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Cooling:
COOLER MASTER 120mm AQUAGATE Mini R120 Liquid Cooling System
Videocard:
eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Soundcard/Speakers:
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Hard Disk(s):
HITACHI Deskstar 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Other Drives:
PLEXTOR SATA DVD Burner Model PX-716SA/SW
Case:
Thermaltake XASER, Armor Series

I'm having exactly the same problem with my GA-K8NE,
If i find a solution i'll let you know, would appreciated if you could do the same for me

Cheers

I have been battling the same issues with my ECS K8T890-a mobo. I finally got my bios to see my 2 WD 160gb sata's by putting the jumpers in the sata's to turn them down to 150mb/s rather then 300mb/s. You may have to go to the sata manufacturers website to find out how, I did. Try that and see if it works for you. I am still having problems installing XP but it may be a memory stick problem.

My WD's came with jumpers but they weren't installed. Does your mobo support 3gb/s? Is there any place on the sata's for jumpers?

The jumpers should be on the back of the sata drive. Mine has 8 pins for jumper placement. 1 set for master, one for slave. and one of the settings drips the speed down to 150mb/s, which is what I had to do for my bios to see them. There should be directions for jumper placement on the hard drive itself, though mine didn't say anything about speed settings, that I had to go to their website for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back