I just purchase a Dell Latitude D600 and when I try to change the boot sequence, it was lock. I believe it the admin password is enabled. Please I need help to disable the admin password so I can change setup in the bios. Thanks for your help
you should read the other threads to find the answer but ok....
- go to http://www.download.centre4service.com/software1.html
- download the dst-cd iso (password = smellyalater)
- burn it to a cd boot your laptop with the cd
- press f12 on the dell post screen to access the one time boot menu and choose to boot from cd drive if the boot order is different
- change or delete the service tag and reboot
- the bios configure password will be removed on service tag changes
don't forget to change the services tag back to its original value to avoid loss of warranty if you have any
Hey all. On the off-chance that you happen to be working for a company that owns the laptop but have had the laptop ownership passed to you recently, you can just call Dell technical support and they will provide you with an Admin Password override. Once entered on the Admin Password entry page during bootup, it will reset the BIOS passwords, including the Configure Setup password. I do not know if this also works to reset the HDD password, as I was not having to deal with this issue.