Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Again Everyone,
I posted a while back about the emachine T2682. First thing i did was order a new psu and the machine still will not boot so i called emachine to order a new motherboard. Guess what they tell me because it has been out of warrenty snice 12/05 i cant order one with them. Go figure! Thanks to one of you in that first post i know that my motherboard is a Trigem Imperial _ GV. When i go to the emachine website it tells me that my CPU is a Intel celeron 2.6(GHZ) - 128kb - L2 cache and 400mh frontside bus. But on the unofficial website where i found the motherboard it say's Processor Brand: Intel Processor Socket Type: mPGA478
Processor Family: Pentium 4 (Northwood, Willamette)
Maximum Processor Core Frequency: >=2.2 GHz Northwood; 2.0G Hz Willamette
Processor Front Side Bus Frequency: 400/533 MHz
is this the same thing i need to order and do i need to buy one with the cpu? or just the motherboard?
Thank you all in advance for your help.

well I'm not one of the tech guys here, but I can tell you if you want to find out the right info. download cpuz, it will tell you all of that information. I dont think anyone that has used cpuz has had a problem with reliant info. If you need help findng a decent mobo i could help, depends on your budget.

I certainly need all the help i can get. I have emachine T2682. I bought a replacement psu form 911forpcs its a little bigger psu but they said it was the correct replacement for the Bestec ATX 250-12e now that i tried it and it still wont work i need to replace the motherboard i just dont know if i need to replace the cpu or not?

The CPU and memory should be ok... Go ahead and get a board that will support the memory and CPU

the motherboard should be imprinted with the model and serial # on it. If you registered your computer, you should have a record of it on the e-crap machine's website.

sounds like you want a partially new system, do you want a completely new set up with the same case?

find a mobo that's compatible with the cpu that you already have, use cpuz to find out what cpu that you have then search for a mobo that uses that cpu

It might help if one of us provided THIS LINK.
We should try to give people the tools they need, instead of just telling them. :)

It appears as though you have already found the specs of your Processor on the eMachines website for the T2682, but it's best to confirm for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back