Connect Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a newbie ( and old) so please bear with me on this.Just built my first computer - so far so good. Now want to install a Zalman Fan Controller ZM-MFC2. Here's the dumb question. Once you have the fan extension cables connected to the unit, what do you connect the other end to? Thanks

Unfortunately no it doesnt. I've got that info. Does it mean connect the cable to the fans themselves or to the motherboard? The connections to the fans are a different type and on the mobo it seems like I'd need an adapter to change the pins to a socket. Still confused but thanks anyway.

iman1952 said:
I'm a newbie ( and old) so please bear with me on this.Just built my first computer - so far so good. Now want to install a Zalman Fan Controller ZM-MFC2. Here's the dumb question. Once you have the fan extension cables connected to the unit, what do you connect the other end to? Thanks
ok...one end goes to the Zalman and the other end to the fan(s) that it is to control..... is that what you are asking?

This pdf installation manual goes into step by step procedure. It seems that the fans are no longer connected to the motherboard unless you use that C3 cable (also shown in the manual) to split it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back