Connect to ads1.ad-flow.com - help!

negroplasty

I feel like a bit of an ***** asking such a simple question, but when I browse the TechSpot site, I always get a window coming up with the title "Connect to ads1.ad-flow.com" asking me for a user name and password; I have broused the TechSpot site from my other computer and it doesn't come up. I am running Win XP Pro on SP1 for the OS itself and SP1 for internet explorer 6, my other computer also runs on the same OS and service pack as my primary PC. Does anyone else experience these problems and/or know what I could do to correct this error?

Attachments

• connect to....jpg
    connect to....jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
It happens to me as well. I blocked the ad-flow site however, on my pop-up blocker and everything is normal again.

I have erased my temp files and there appears to be no change. What pop-up blocker do you use Rick? I am going to see if I can get my Norton Personal Firewall to block it. Thanks for all the ideas.

Oh, wait, YES. I have done it! All I had to do was to turn on Ad Blocking on NPF and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks again all! It was really starting to drive me crazy.

hosts file

i removed the entry containing ads.ad-flow.com from my hosts file (on XP: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). this does the trick.

i think i created this problem for myself by installing eDexter, an ad-hiding program.

hop

That just reinforces why I stick with Mozilla and Zone Alarm Pro. I only use IE6 when a website absolutely requires it. I don't mind banners so much but the popups are annoying and Mozilla takes care of them. ZAP can block cookies and ads although I don't set it to high so some get through. I clean my cookies about once a week to throw off the ad and most site cookie trackers.

Back