Connect3d X1950XT Clock Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Neilan

Hello,

I have recently purchased the abovementioned graphics card, and have a query.

When I view the clock speeds in Catalyst Control Centre (in the Graphics Hardware tab) it reports the core at 500Mhz and the memory at 594Mhz. This is at odds with the cards specification, which states that they should be 625Mhz and 900Mhz respectively.

Interestingly, under the ATi Overdrive facility (which I have not used at all) it says that the core is 'currently' at 500Mhz, but the 'requested' speed is 621Mhz. Similarly, the memory is said to be at 594Mhz, with a requested speed of 900Mhz.

So my question is, am I just seeing the slower speeds which the graphics card runs at when not under load (ie. on the desktop) when it is actually using its full speed when I am gaming? Or do I need to engage the Overdrive facility for the card to use its full power?

Currently the Overdrive facility is greyed out, with a big 'Unlock' button waiting to be pushed.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark.

The speeds you are seeing is the speeds the card uses while it's in 2D mode. As soon as you run a 3D app, the faster clocks will kick in. It's a nifty feature that helps save power when the card is idle. If you want, use RivaTuner's monitoring graphs to monitor the clocks while playing a game and while at the desktop. You should see what I'm talking about.

Unless things have changed recently, RivaTuner can only be used to test NVidia graphics cards. The Connect3d X1950XT is an ATI video graphics adapter.

raybay: RivaTuner supports all the major chipsets from nVidia and ATI

See HERE

Rage_3K_Moiz has answered the question as I also had the same query when I used my X1800Xt and until earlier this week my X1900 CF edition.

I used ATI tray before but having run into problems when I had an X1800XT (for about a week or two before returning it) I switched to ATI Tray Tools which has more utilities such as graphing, etc and I can now monitor the core and memory switch over and temperatures and voltage measures.

Thanks vey much. I thought that would be the case and card is performing excellently.

Sorry the reply is late. It was not actually me who posted here but someone else I know who I let use my log in that has this graphics card. Since the first post I have bought the card for my self and am very pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back