Connecting a gamecube to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

hey mates,
i've been a long time smash brothers and zelda fan and i've found a cheap cube with all the fixings. the drawback is, i don't have a TV, the money to buy a decent one or somewhere to put it if i did.
so, i've been wondering if i can attach it to my computer monitor (or my computer itself if thats easier). i've got a westinghouse 17" flatpanel with DVI and VGA in, right now i'm using the DVI for my computer and its a pain to unplug, so preferably i'd like some method that doesnt involve unplugging that. its also got a crappy set of built in speakers, though i'd probably end up just hooking up to my altechs anyway.

so my question, can i hook up a gamecube to either my computer or my monitor? and if so can i do it in such a way that i don't constantly have to plug and replug stuff (this is less important but it'd be a major bonus). and what adapters do i need to pull this off.

oh! nearly forgot, my vid card has dual dvi, but it also has an svideo, i suspect its out only, but could it be convinced to accept svideo?

i've been reading up on the subject and i'm also considering a capture card, can anyone recommend a good one, hopefully for under $50?

If you get a capture card, I think you may have some lag between what is actually happening, and what is on screen.

ok, then what are my options that wouldnt have any lag?
mopar, i checked that thingy out, but the reviews were pretty mixed, mainly an issue with the software.
on amazon i saw a s-video-vga adaptor, would that work?

this one is svideo to vga
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R2NZ9CFPZHREARZ3176

and this one is 3rca to vga
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R2NZ9CFPZHREARZ3176

however the second one say its not designed to work with computer input or output, i'm not sure if that means it can or can't work with a computer MONITOR

if you try either of them, let me know, i won't be able to get my hands on a cube to test it for at least a few months still.

I am pretty sure that it is trying to say it won't work with the actual pc-out, like going from VGA to Component on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back